Thursday, October 20, 2011

forum postings for so- iui august 2011

I am trying to record my previous experiences with assisted reproduction technologies.

three months after consulting a gynae and performing numerous test ( see tests for reproduction function), my gynae finally started us on superovulation interuterine insemination or so-iui for short. beloww are postings i did at mummy sg during that month to record the process.

07-08-2011 09:14 PM
Re: IUI Plan & Info
Hi Everyone!
I am new to MummySG! Hubby n I have been trying to concieve for 3 years without success. And I am already in my late thirties.
My gynae is Dr Sadhana from KK. She's very straight to the point and direct and suit my personality. I had been through all the fertility tests and we are normal in everything, so most probably will be going through SO-IUI because of my age.
From the forums, it seem like IUI (including SO-IUI) procedures are highly unsuccessful. Are there anyone who succeed in getting preggie on IUI procedures? Please join in to encourage us.
Is IUI/SO-IUI similar to HSG when introducing the washed sperms? I would like to know to get mentally prepared as I have low pain threshold.

12-08-2011 08:17 AM
Re: IUI Plan & Info
congratilations! hopeful17! Yours is an encouragment to us who have not reached there. happy for you. My appointment with Dr.Sadhana is 18th Aug, still waiting for that day. hope to be like you, first time strike!!

13-08-2011 05:40 AM
Re: IUI Plan & Info
hi all!
Those with queries on costs and cpf funding can go to moh website Ministry of Health: Home under marriage and parenthood and co-fund under restructured hospital for your answers. Hope this helps. I've extracted only the intro here:
Medisave for Assisted Conception Procedures
To help couples better afford the cost of treatment for Assisted Conception Procedures (ACP), you may withdraw $6,000, $5,000 and $4,000 from Medisave for the first, second and third treatment cycles respectively.

The use of Medisave for ACP is subject to a maximum of 3 treatment cycles. This is because ACP success rates fall sharply after the third cycle. Therefore, if Medisave were allowed for more treatment cycles, the individual may not have sufficient savings for future hospitalisation expenses, especially during old age.

For more information, please refer to the:
FAQs on Assisted Conception Procedures
*

13-08-2011 05:50 AM
Re: IUI Plan & Info
Originally Posted by Phoebii Cheng
May I ask, what is the condition to go for IUI?
unblocked fallopian tubes is first priority so that the egg n sperm can meet naturally. other tests like female hormonal levels, rubella positivity and male sperm count affect the doctor's decision too.

26-09-2011 10:07 PM
Re: IUI support 2011
take a break, babymoo n moonjellie, if it is getting too much. dreambb, do not focus too much on the iui. i once had a chemical pregnancy n i found out it was becos i was too focused, too concerned about what is happening to my body n our body reacts by sending the signals i willed it to, so ended up with a chemical pregnancy, with all the " signs" except a BFP. try to do other things to distract yourself during 2ww. for me, i will play all the online games i can find to pass time.
hi liz, my so-iui was clomid from day 3 for 5 days, puregon injections from day 5 for 5 days, scan on day 10 and they found I was too responsive with 6folllicles between 10-14.5 mm and many more potential follicles. The doc sugg to convert to ivf. the next day i went for a scan again, and they only grew bigger (12-16.5 mm) so we have to give up the cycle since we are not converting to ivf. We had to be reminded by the doc and a nurse twice not to have intercourse until AF arrive again.

1 comment:

  1. 23-09-2011 12:34 AM

    Re: IUI support 2011
    Hi everyone! I am starting a natural iui this month too, waiting for AF to end and will be having a scan on 1st oct (day 10).
    I did a so-iui last month but had to abandon because of too many follicles being stimulated and I was not prepared for Ivf injections mentally. So i decided to try a month or two of natural cycle before taking up the ivf if all fails. After decided to give up the so-iui, i did feel a sense of loss thinking of how mny potential follicles wasted. But i cannot imagine myself giving birth to hexaplets or more!

    baby dust to all!

    ReplyDelete